Pages

Subscribe

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to remember your dreams, and how to have more vivid dreams

I've noticed something lately about my sleeping patterns and vivid dreaming. Now whether it's because they are actually more vivid or if it's just because I remember them more strongly I'm not sure, but it does seem to work for me.

If you find you don't remember your dreams, give this a try (it might work) - but remember that interrupting your sleeping patterns a lot can be dangerous for your health long-term:

I discovered this completely by accident, but seems to work:

Ok, let's say you're due to wake at 8am (like me) and you have to do something before 7, let's say you need to drive somewhere or let the dog out or whatever, if you're awake and up (even if sleepy) for more than 5 or 10 minutes (or maybe more) and you get some light stimulus (I once watched a half hour episode of some comedy show), if you go to sleep for about an hour after that you may, like me, have very vivid dreams during the hour, that you can remember strongly. If this is not the case for you then I'm sorry but this just seems to work for me.

I would imagine if you try to do this every day it won't work (your body will adapt), but it happens by accident when you randomly change your morning routine like I do once a month or so.

I think that basically if you're woken up mid-dream or if you change your patterns a bit then you remember the dream better, but if it's during the night it definitely fades. Whereas I dreamed something a few days ago using the method above and can still remember 90% of the dream.

I hope this has been some use to you dreamers out there... Let's just hope you don't just have a strong nightmare...

No comments: